ORGANIZED BY ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIAN MUSLIMS (ASNIM) HELD FROM THE 19TH– 23RD AUGUST, 2015 AT GOVERNMENT GIRL SCIENCE SECONDARY SCHOOL, DAUDAWA, FASKARI – KATSINA STATE.
The Association of Nigerian Muslims (ASNIM) was formed to strengthen the bond of Islamic brotherhood & fraternity, and also to serve as a forum for character reformation and inculcation of moral values amongst the Muslim Ummah.
The Seminar is designed to instill the requisite of perseverance, steadfastness, endurance, discipline and ability to co-exist peacefully with each other.
The Association of Nigerian Muslims (ASNIM) held its 13th Annual Seminar & Moral Training Programme (SMTP), with a theme “ISLAM: ANSWER TO SOCIETAL PROBLEMS” was organized on the following objectives:
- To contribute to the educational development and transformation of the Muslim Ummah.
- To be a frontline for the much needed value re-orientation and reconstruction of the Muslim Ummah.
- To acquaint the Ummah of the daunting challenges confronting them.
- To proffer solutions to the outlined challenges.
The Seminar had in attendance of 263 registered participants from 5 States namely: Kaduna, Katsina, Zamfara, Yobe and Adamawa and from 9 Local Governments, KadunaNorth, Igabi, Faskari, Funtua, Dandume, Dutsinma, Bade,
Jakusko and Tsafe respectively at the 4 – day event.
The opening ceremony was held under the Mudir(ASNIM) Ustaz Adam Idris Usman who delivered the welcome remarks.
The Guest Speaker Ustaz Muhammad Nasir Jibrin Chairman Majlis Shurah (ASNIM) delivered the Keynote Address where he reiterated that Politically globalization imposes constraint on the policy making or independence of Islamic and other weak nations, it also ensures the perpetuation of the leadership of puppets in the third world who continue to implement unpopular policies, it also enthrone and empower the rich against the poor at individual and societal levels. He therein calls on the participants and the generality of the Muslim Ummah to use their technological advancement and take measures against its real and potential harm.
A total of nine (9) lectures were presented and robustly discussed by an array of eminent, erudite and learned scholars covering all aspect of the theme namely:
- ‘Yan uwantaka a Muslunci
- Leadership in an Islamic Perspectives
- Haqqoqi Tsakanin Musulmi da waninsa
- Aure: Matakin farko na ginin al’umma
- Siffofin Musulmi
- Makwabtaka A Mizanin Musulunci
- Haqqoqi Tsakanin Shugaba da wanda ake Shugabanta
- Addini Mu’amala ce
- Dabi’un Manzon Allah (SAW)
After exhaustive discussions, the Seminar made the following observations:
- The rate of divorce in our society is alarming
- Insecurity to life and property is at the alarming
- Moral decadence is on the increase in society
- Over dependence in government for job should be discourage by introducing entrepreneurship skills
- To desist from words and deeds of that threatens our stability and democracy as a nation.
- A combination of carrot and stick that is yielding result in fighting insurgency is recommendable
- Promote peaceful co-existence, societal concord and social harmony in the Society.
- Credible leadership selection process at all levels and in all section of the Society.
- Politics and partisan politics should be used as the vehicle for national integration and good governance
- Endeavor to evolve a system that demands for hard work, transparency, accountability and social responsibility from their leaders.
- Remind Religious, Community Leaders and Parents about their civic responsibilities in character reformation of the Ummah
- Embark upon programme that will improve the lots of the citizenry.
Taking into consideration the above observations, the Seminar resolved as follows:
We acknowledge the avalanche support and encouragement from the Government and people of Katsina State. We remain steadfast and committed to the realization of the aspiration of the Muslim Ummah and the Nation in general.
Finally, the Organizers of the Seminar programme extends their appreciation to all those present, the resource persons, participant and all those who contributed to the resounding success of the Seminar.
May peace abide with those who follow the guidance, Ameen.
Adopted this 23rd day of August, 2015
Chairman Rapporteur Committee Secretary